2021 Ramona Art & Wine Festival Artist Application
TO: Ramona Art & Wine Festival Artists
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the 2021 Annual Ramona Art & Wine Festival—our 9th Festival.
The event celebrates San Diego artisans and the Ramona Valley American Viticultural Area (AVA). The festival’s goal is to raise money for the Ramona H.E.A.R.T. Mural Project, the mission of which is to encourage economic vitality by increasing tourism, promoting community pride, and celebrating our rich cultural heritage through an outstanding outdoor visual arts program. This festival is a joint project of the Ramona H.E.A.R.T. Mural Project and the Ramona Valley Vineyard Association.
This year, the festival will be held on 3 consecutive days, November 5, 6 and 7 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) at 9 Ramona wineries.
Artists can participate in three opportunities in 2021:
- Booth artists. You can display and sell your art at a participating winery all three days of the festival. Booth fee is: $50.
- Wine barrel artist. You can produce unique types of art using wine barrels to be sold to support the murals. We supply the wine barrel. Chosen artists will receive a $100 honorarium AND a free booth at the Art & Wine Festival to display and sell your art. All wine barrel art will be juried.
- Commemorative Art. You can enter the commemorative art contest where we select a painting or photograph to represent the 2021 Ramona Art and Wine Festival. No fees.
For more information about the event, please read more on our site or Facebook page (@RamonaArtAndWineFestival) as information is updated. If you are interested in participating in this year’s event, please read the information below and follow the instructions to apply.
Ramona Art & Wine Festival-Artist Coordinator
Booth Artist: Application Information
As a booth artist, you will be assigned to a winery where you can set up your booth and sell your artwork over the 3 days of the festival.
* There are a limited number of spaces available at each winery.
* New artists will be juried and if approved must pay the fees in order to participate.
* Returning artists do not need to be juried.
* The last day to pay fees and be included in the event is September 15, 2021.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application below prior to the deadline. ALL artists must complete an application even if you are sharing a booth with another exhibitor.
- Returning Exhibitor– you are pre-approved! Proceed to step 3 to fill out your application and pay your fees.
- First Time Exhibitor – complete the application then email pictures of your art in the format below and wait for an approval email prior to proceeding to step 2.
- Returning artists: Email 3 photos of your art to Molly Jaeger-Begent: email@example.com Photos should be in .jpg format. These photos will be used for publicity.
- Once you’ve filled out your application and/or are approved, pay your booth rental fee by the deadline. Payments can be made on the website. If you would like to pay by check, please contact the coordinator for instructions.
- Deliver your silent auction donation item no later than Friday, Oct. 1, 2021, to: Hatfield Creek Winery, 1625 Highway 78, Ramona CA 92065.
Event Dates: November 5 – 7, 2021 – 11am – 5pm
Event Location: Nine Participating Ramona Wineries
Booth fees: $50
Lunch: Available by order for wineries and exhibitors ONLY. Price and instructions for ordering TBD.
Gala Tickets: Available to exhibitors and wineries ONLY. Does not include Festival ticket. Price $40 a ticket.
Silent Auction Donations: To further support the fundraising effort of this event, we ask that each approved exhibitor donate items with a minimum $50 retail value for the Silent Auctions to be held during the Festival. A link to the Silent Auction form and details for delivery of your donation will be provided closer to the due date. The mural project is a non-profit 501(c)(3) entity, so donations could be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
Booth Space Guidelines: To maintain the visual quality of our event please observe the following:
- You must agree to participate at all 3 days of the festival.
- Artists will provide their own 10×10 pop-up canopy. White is preferred, but other solid colors are acceptable.
- All of your items must fit within the 10×10 space.
- Canopies must be weighted down to avoid property damage or injury due to weather or other impacts.
- No electricity is provided.
- Tablecloths should be solid colored, black or white preferred.
- Booth set up and tear down is your responsibility.
- Your booth must be attended by a representative at all times during the event.
- No food or beverages may be served in the booths. Only items for personal consumption are allowed.
- You are responsible for all permits, licenses, taxes and insurance related to this event.
Festival will proceed rain or shine.
Set-Up: Set up Friday, 11/5 by 9:00 – 10:30 am (prior to the hosting winery opening)
Tear-Down: Tear down Sunday 11/7
No overnight security is provided.
Booth Locations: Booth locations will be determined by the hosting winery.
Booth Sharing: Up to 2 artists may share a single 10×10 booth. However, each artist is required to submit a separate application, and must each provide a separate Silent Auction donation item with a minimum value of $50.
Selection Process: Please note that submitting your application does not guarantee acceptance to the event. Artist approvals and booth placement will be at the sole discretion of the Ramona Art & Wine Festival committee.
Cancellations: There will be no refunds for cancellations for any reason, as the booth fees will be donated in support of the Ramona H.E.A.R.T. Mural Project.
The Festival will occur come rain or shine!
Complete the online application below prior to the deadline.
Wine Barrel Artists: Application Information
A key attraction of the Ramona Art and Wine Festival is our online and live auction of painted wine barrels. This year we are expanding wine barrel painting to multiple kinds of art other than just painting the barrel. This includes deconstructing the barrel to make furniture, such as chairs, cabinets, shelves, desk, or wall art. Chosen artists will receive a $100 honorarium AND a free booth at the Art & Wine Festival to display and sell your art. Your finished barrel art will be auctioned at the Festival to help fund the murals throughout Ramona.
All wine barrel art concepts will be juried this year.
We’ll provide artists with a 60-gallon used wine barrel, rejuvenated and repaired.
Barrels will be delivered to you no later than the last week in June, depending on applications. Please confirm your intentions and also indicate whether you’ll be deconstructing your barrel so we don’t screw it together.
For more information about the event, please visit our website or Facebook page as information is updated, or contact Molly Jaeger-Begent at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in participating in this year’s event by producing wine barrel art, please read the information below and follow the instructions to apply.
Wine Barrel Art Terms and Conditions
- All wine barrel art concepts will be juried this year. After filling out the application below, please send your concepts to Molly Jaeger-Begent email@example.com by no later than June 15. You will be notified of the acceptance of your concept.
- Wine barrel art must be complete by mid-August so that it can be displayed at business barrel hosts from September 1 to October 29 when it will be moved for display at the VIP Gala.
If interested in providing wine barrel art, please fill out the form below.
NOTE: Please keep a copy of this agreement for reference.
Commemorative Art Artist: Application Information
This is the fourth year that we’ve held a commemorative art contest to show off our outstanding artists and promote the Ramona Art & Wine Festival to benefit the H.E.A.R.T. Murals Project.
We are asking artists to enter a painting or photograph (eligible this year for the first time) to be reviewed and selected as the 2021 Ramona Art and Wine Festival Art. If your art is chosen as the finalist, we will celebrate it in a press release; on our program; and at a booth at the Art and Wine Festival. You will also be recognized at the Gala Event a week before the Festival and enter our Festival Hall of Fame.
For additional information, contact Molly Jaeger-Begent firstname.lastname@example.org
Commemorative Art Terms and Conditions
To enter the commemorative artist competition, your painting or photograph MUST include dominant representation of wine and art; MAY also include Ramona hills or anything that represents or says “Ramona,” painted wine barrels, gourmet food, artist booths, barrel auction, etc. The size should be: 8 ½ x 20.
Do not write anything on the art. We will add information when we produce the posters and prints.
Please send finished entries by no later than September 1 to Molly Jaeger-Begent email@example.com so that we have time to choose a winner and adequately promote you.
Complete the online application below prior to the deadline.