About The Ramona Art & Wine Festival
~ The Ramona Art & Wine Festival Benefits the Ramona H.E.A.R.T. Mural Project ~
The main goal of the Ramona H.E.A.R.T. Mural Project is to create a reason for those passing tourists to STOP to enjoy Ramona’s beauty, charm, character and heritage, and to rest a spell.
After looking at the examples set by other mural towns, a group of Ramona business people came together to launch an outdoor visual arts program, starting with murals.
The acronym, H.E.A.R.T. not only indicates Ramona as the geographic center of San Diego County, but reflects the character of our community.
“H” – History and Hiking
“E” – Equestrian
“A” – Arts, Antiques and Agriculture
“R” – Rural Scenic Vistas and Drives
“T” – Tasting of Local Fine Wines
We hope that you stop and enjoy the Ramona H.E.A.R.T. Murals next time you’re driving through, or better yet make Ramona your destination!
The H.E.A.R.T. Mural Project involves the entire community in the celebration of Ramona’s heritage, history, and industries through:
– Participation in the Launch and/or Unveiling Event on each completed Mural Project
– Providing Volunteer Opportunities on each Mural Project
– Learning Experiences for Youth, Beginning Artists, or Artists not familiar with the Mural Medium
– Field Trips for Local Students to Learn about their Community by Touring the Murals which are all about Ramona
– Providing a Canvas for Muralists to Practice their Art
– Stimulating the Local Economy with the Pedestrian Traffic Generated by Mural Tourists
– Beautifying our Local Buildings
– Expanding the Program to other Art Mediums and Music
– Collaborating with Other Community Organizations to the Benefit of All